Chapter 268 Babesiosis in North America
- Birkenheuer AJ, Levy MG, Brietschwerdt EB: Efficacy of combined atovaquone and azithromycin for therapy of chronic Babesia gibsoni (Asian genotype) infections in dogs, J Vet Intern Med 18(4):494, 2004. PUBMED Abstract
- Bourdoiseau G: Canine babesiosis in France, Vet Parasitol 138(1-2):118, 2006. PUBMED Abstract
- Di Cicco MF et al: Re-emergence of Babesia conradae and effective treatment of infected dogs with atovaquone and azithromycin, Vet Parasitol 187(1-2):23, 2012. Epub January 8, 2012. PUBMED Abstract
- Suzuki K et al: A possible treatment strategy and clinical factors to estimate the treatment response in Babesia gibsoni infection, J Vet Med Sci 69(5):563, 2007. PUBMED Abstract
- Takahashi K: Action of several antiprotozoal compounds against Babesia gibsoni infection in dogs, J Jpn Vet Med Assoc 37(4):203, 1984.