Chapter 210 Nutrition in the Bitch During Pregnancy and Lactation
- Association of American Feed Control Officials: Official publication, Oxford, Ind, 2013, AAFCO.
- Bauer JE et al: Retinal functions of young dogs are improved and maternal plasma phospholipids are altered with diets containing long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids during gestation, lactation, and after weaning, J Nutr 136(suppl):1991S, 2006. PUBMED Abstract
- Case LP et al: Canine and feline nutrition, ed 3, St Louis, 2010, Mosby.
- Debraekeleer J, Gross KL, Zicker SC: Feeding reproducing dogs. In Hand MS, editor: Small animal clinical nutrition, ed 5, Topeka, Kan, 2010, Mark Morris Institute, p 281.
- Dzanis DA: Ensuring nutritional adequacy. In Kvamme JL, Phillips TD, editors: Petfood technology, Mt. Morris, Ill, 2003, Watt Publishing, p 62.
- National Research Council: Nutrient requirements of dogs and cats, Washington, DC, 2006, National Academies Press.
- Zicker SC et al: Evaluation of cognitive learning, memory, psychomotor, immunologic, and retinal functions in healthy puppies fed foods fortified with docosahexaenoic acid–rich fish oil from 8 to 52 weeks of age, J Am Vet Med Assoc 241:583, 2012. PUBMED Abstract