Chapter 99 Canine Demodicosis
- Bissonnette S et al: The ABCB1-1Delta mutation is not responsible for subchronic neurotoxicity seen in dogs of non-collie breeds following macrocyclic lactone treatment for generalized demodicosis, Vet Dermatol 20:60, 2009. PUBMED Abstract
- Duclos DD, Jeffers JG, Shanley KJ: Prognosis for treatment of adult-onset demodicosis in dogs: 34 cases (1979-1990), J Am Vet Med Assoc 204:616, 1994. PUBMED Abstract
- Fernandez AL et al: The use of intravenous lipid emulsion as an antidote in veterinary toxicology, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 21(4):309, 2011. PUBMED Abstract
- Kusnetsova E et al: Influence of systemic antibiotics on the treatment of dogs with generalized demodicosis, Vet Parasitol 188:148, 2012.
- Mueller RS: Treatment protocols for demodicosis: an evidence-based review, Vet Dermatol 15:75, 2004. PUBMED Abstract
- Mueller RS et al: Treatment of demodicosis in dogs: 2011 clinical practice guidelines, Vet Dermatol 23(2):86, 2012. Epub February 13, 2011.
- Mueller RS, Bettenay SV: A proposed new therapeutic protocol for the treatment of canine mange with ivermectin, J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 35:77, 1999. PUBMED Abstract
- Paterson TE et al: Treatment of canine-generalized demodicosis: a blind, randomized clinical trial comparing the efficacy of Advocate (Bayer Animal Health) with ivermectin, Vet Dermatol 20:447, 2009. PUBMED Abstract
- Plant JD, Lund EM, Yang M: A case-control study of the risk factors for canine juvenile-onset generalized demodicosis in the USA, Vet Dermatol 22:95, 2011. PUBMED Abstract