Web Chapter 22 Treatment of Hypoparathyroidism
- Henderson AK, Mahony O: Hypoparathyroidism: pathophysiology and diagnosis, Compendium April 2005, p 270.
- Kimmel SE, Waddell LS, Michel KE: Hypomagnesemia and hypocalcemia associated with protein-losing enteropathy in Yorkshire Terriers: five cases (1992-1998), J Am Vet Med Assoc 217:703, 2000. PUBMED Abstract
- Lee IT et al: Bisphosphonate pretreatment attenuates hungry bone syndrome postoperatively in subjects with primary hyperparathyroidism, J Bone Miner Metab 24(3):255, 2006. PUBMED Abstract
- Mellanby RJ et al: Hypocalcaemia associated with low serum vitamin D metabolite concentrations in two dogs with protein-losing enteropathies, J Small Anim Pract 46:345, 2005. PUBMED Abstract
- Naan EC et al: Results of thyroidectomy in 101 cats with hyperthyroidism, Vet Surg 35:287, 2006. PUBMED Abstract
- Russell NJ et al: Primary hypoparathyroidism in dogs: a retrospective study of 17 cases, Australian Vet J 84:285, 2006. PUBMED Abstract
- Schenck PA: Serum ionized magnesium concentrations in dogs and cats with hypoparathyroidism, 23rd Annual Forum of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM), 2005, p 913.
- Schenck PA et al: Disorders of calcium: hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia. In DiBartola SP, editor: Fluid therapy in small animal practice, St Louis, 2011, Elsevier, p 120.