Chapter 156 Brachycephalic Airway Obstruction Syndrome
- Brdecka DJ et al: Use of an electrothermal, feedback-controlled, bipolar sealing device for resection of the elongated portion of the soft palate in dogs with obstructive upper airway disease, J Am Vet Med Assoc 233:1265, 2008. PUBMED Abstract
- Dunie-Mérigot A, Bouvy B, Poncet C: Comparative use of CO2 laser, diode laser and monopolar electrocautery for resection of the soft palate in dogs with brachycephalic airway obstructive syndrome, Vet Rec 167:700, 2010. PUBMED Abstract
- Findji L, Dupré G: Folded flap palatoplasty for treatment of elongated soft palate in 55 dogs, Vet Med Austria 95:56, 2009.
- Ginn JA et al: Nasopharyngeal turbinates in brachycephalic dogs and cats, J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 44(5):243, 2008. PUBMED Abstract
- Grand JG, Bureau S: Structural characteristics of the soft palate and meatus nasopharyngeus in brachycephalic and non-brachycephalic dogs analysed by CT, J Small Anim Pract 52:232, 2011. PUBMED Abstract
- Oechtering GU et al: Laser-assisted turbinectomy (LATE)—treating brachycephalic airway distress at its intranasal origin, Vet Surg 36:E18, 2007.
- Poncet C et al: Prevalence of gastro-intestinal tract lesions in 73 brachycephalic dogs with upper respiratory syndrome, J Small Anim Pract 46(6):273, 2005. PUBMED Abstract
- Poncet C et al: Long term results of upper respiratory syndrome surgery and gastrointestinal tract medical treatment in 51 brachycephalic dogs (2000-2003), J Small Anim Pract 47:1, 2006. PUBMED Abstract
- White RN: Surgical management of laryngeal collapse associated with brachycephalic airway obstruction syndrome in dogs, J Small Anim Pract 53:44, 2012. Epub November 28, 2011. PUBMED Abstract