Chapter 181 Arterial Thromboembolism
- Hogan DF: Prevention and management of thromboembolism. In August JR, editor: Consultations in feline internal medicine, vol 5, St Louis, 2005, Saunders, p 331.
- Hogan DF, Meltzer L: Frequency of right-to-left shunting in dogs with congenital cardiac disease undergoing interventional cardiovascular procedures. In Proceedings of the 29th Annual ACVIM Forum, 2011.
- Hogan D et al: Analysis of feline arterial thromboembolism: clopidogrel vs. aspirin trial (Fat Cat) in Proceedings of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Seattle, June 2013 (abstract).
- Laste NJ, Harpster NK: A retrospective study of 100 cases of feline distal aortic thromboembolism: 1977-1993, J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 31:492, 1995. PUBMED Abstract
- Smith SA et al: Arterial thromboembolism in cats: acute crisis in 127 cases (1992-2001) and long-term management with low-dose aspirin in 24 cases, J Vet Intern Med 17:73, 2003. PUBMED Abstract
- Weiss DJ, Brazzell JL: Detection of activated platelets in dogs with primary immune-mediated hemolytic anemia, J Vet Intern Med 20:682, 2006. PUBMED Abstract
- Whelan MF et al: Retrospective evaluation of urokinase in cats with arterial thromboembolism, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 15:S8, 2005a (abstract).
- Whelan MF et al: Retrospective evaluation of urokinase use in dogs with thromboembolism (4 cases: 2003-2004), J Vet Emerg Crit Care 15:S8, 2005b (abstract).
- Winter RL et al: Aortic thrombosis in dogs: presentation, therapy, and outcome in 26 cases, J Vet Cardiol 14:333, 2012. PUBMED Abstract