Chapter 176 Management of Heart Failure in Dogs
- Atkins CE et al: Results of the veterinary enalapril trial to prove reduction in onset of heart failure in dogs chronically treated with enalapril alone for compensated, naturally occurring mitral valve insufficiency, J Am Vet Med Assoc 231(7):1061, 2007. PUBMED Abstract
- Atkins C et al: ACVIM consensus statement: guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of canine chronic valvular heart disease, J Vet Intern Med 23:1142, 2009.
- BENCH (BENazepril in Canine Heart disease) Study Group: The effect of benazepril on survival times and clinical signs of dogs with congestive heart failure: results of a multicenter, prospective, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, long-term clinical trial, J Vet Cardiol 1(1):7, 1999.
- COVE Study Group: Controlled clinical evaluation of enalapril in dogs with heart failure: results of the Cooperative Veterinary Enalapril Study Group, J Vet Intern Med 9(4):243, 1995.
- Häggström J et al: Effect of pimobendan or benazepril hydrochloride on survival times in dogs with congestive heart failure caused by naturally occurring myxomatous mitral valve disease: the QUEST study, J Vet Intern Med 22(5):1124, 2008. PUBMED Abstract
- Kvart C et al: Efficacy of enalapril for prevention of congestive heart failure in dogs with myxomatous valve disease and asymptomatic mitral regurgitation, J Vet Intern Med 16(1):80, 2002. PUBMED Abstract
- Summerfield NJ et al: Efficacy of pimobendan in the prevention of congestive heart failure or sudden death in Doberman Pinschers with preclinical dilated cardiomyopathy (the PROTECT Study), J Vet Intern Med 26(6):1337, 2012. PUBMED Abstract