Chapter 130 Diagnosis and Treatment of Canine Parvoviral Enteritis
- Burton JH et al: Detection of canine parvovirus DNA from blood and antigen in feces collected from healthy puppies after administration of modified live vaccine, J Vet Intern Med 22:703, 2008.
- Decaro N et al: Detection of canine parvovirus type 2c by a commercially available in-house rapid test, Vet J 184:373, 2010. PUBMED Abstract
- deMari K et al: Treatment of canine parvoviral enteritis with interferon omega in a placebo-controlled field trial, Vet Record 152:105, 2003.
- Lenberg J et al: The effects of maropitant versus ondansetron on the clinical recovery of dogs with parvoviral gastroenteritis, J Vet Intern Med 26:795, 2012.
- Markovich JE et al: Effects of canine parvovirus strain variations on diagnostic test results and clinical management of enteritis in dogs, J Am Vet Med 241:66, 2012. PUBMED Abstract
- Mohr AJ et al: Effect of early enteral nutrition on intestinal permeability, intestinal protein loss, and outcome in dogs with severe parvoviral enteritis, J Vet Intern Med 17:791, 2003. PUBMED Abstract
- Rewerts JM et al: Recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for treatment of puppies with neutropenia secondary to canine parvovirus infection, J Am Vet Med 213:991, 1998. PUBMED Abstract
- Savigny MR, Macintire DK: Use of oseltamivir in the treatment of canine parvoviral enteritis, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 20:132, 2010. PUBMED Abstract
- Veir JK et al: Comparison of quantitative PCR and conventional endpoint PCR for amplification of parvovirus DNA in blood from naturally infected and recently vaccinated dogs, J Vet Intern Med 23:769, 2009.