Chapter 63 Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation: Diagnosis and Management
- Bateman S: Disseminated intravascular coagulation in dogs: review of the literature, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 8:29, 1998.
- Bateman S et al: Diagnosis of disseminated intravascular coagulation in dogs admitted to an intensive care unit, J Am Vet Med Assoc 215:798, 1999. PUBMED Abstract
- Feldman B, Madewell B, O'Neill M: Disseminated intravascular coagulation: antithrombin, plasminogen, and coagulation abnormalities in 41 dogs, J Vet Med Assoc 179:151, 1981. PUBMED Abstract
- Maruyama H et al: The incidence of disseminated intravascular coagulation in dogs with malignant tumor, J Vet Med Sci 66:573, 2004. PUBMED Abstract
- Rozanski EA et al: The effect of heparin and fresh frozen plasma on plasma antithrombin III activity, prothrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time in critically ill dogs, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 11:15, 2001.
- Stokol T et al: D-dimer concentrations in healthy dogs and dogs with disseminated intravascular coagulation, Am J Vet Res 61:393, 2000. PUBMED Abstract
- Vincent J et al: Drotrecogin alfa (activated) treatment in severe sepsis from global open-label trial ENHANCE: further evidence for survival and safety and implications for early treatment, Crit Care Med 33:2266, 2005. PUBMED Abstract
- Warren BL et al: High-dose antithrombin III in severe sepsis: a randomized controlled trial, J Am Med Assoc 286:1869, 2001. PUBMED Abstract