Chapter 11 Ventilator Therapy for the Critical Patient
- Corona TM, Aumann M: Ventilator waveform interpretation in mechanically ventilated small animals, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 21(5):496-514, 2011. PUBMED Abstract
- Ethier MR et al: Evaluation of the efficacy and safety for use of two sedation and analgesia protocols to facilitate assisted ventilation of healthy dogs, Am J Vet Res 69(10):1351-1359, 2008. PUBMED Abstract
- Fisk BA, Moores LK: Sedation, analgesia, and neuromuscular blockage. In MacIntyre NR, Brandson RD, editors: Mechanical ventilation, ed 2, St Louis, 2009, Saunders Elsevier, pp 235-251.
- Haskins SC, King, LG: Positive pressure ventilation. In King LG, editor: Textbook of respiratory disease in dogs and cats, St Louis, 2004, Saunders Elsevier, pp 217-229.
- MacIntyre NR et al: Evidence-based guidelines for weaning and discontinuing ventilatory support: a collective task force facilitated by the American College of Chest Physicians; the American Association for Respiratory Care; and the American College of Critical Care Medicine, Chest 120(6 Suppl):375S-95S, 2001. PUBMED Abstract
- Stapleton RD, Steingert KP: Ventilator-induced lung injury. In MacIntyre NR, Brandson, RD, editors: Mechanical ventilation, ed 2, St Louis, 2009, Saunders Elsevier, pp 206-212.
- Wunsch H et al: Use of intravenous infusion sedation among mechanically ventilated patients in the United States, Crit Care Med 37(12):3031-3039, 2009. PUBMED Abstract