Chapter 8 Stabilization of the Patient with Respiratory Distress
- Lee JA, Drobatz KJ: Respiratory distress and cyanosis in dogs. In King LG, editor: Textbook of respiratory disease in dogs and cats, St Louis, 2004, Saunders, pp 1-12.
- Mandell DC: Respiratory distress in cats. In King LG, editor: Textbook of respiratory disease in dogs and cats, St Louis, 2004, pp 12-17.
- Mellema MS: The neurophysiology of dyspnea, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 18(6):561-571, 2008.
- Oyama MA, et al: Assessment of serum N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide concentration for differentiation of congestive heart failure from primary respiratory tract disease as the cause of respiratory signs in dogs, J Am Vet Med Assoc 235(11):1319-1325, 2009. PUBMED Abstract
- Payne EE, et al: Assessment of a point-of-care cardiac troponin I test to differentiate cardiac from noncardiac causes of respiratory distress in dogs, J Vet Emerg Crit Care 21(3):217-225, 2011. PUBMED Abstract
- West JB: Pulmonary pathophysiology: the essentials, ed 8, Philadelphia, 2012, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.